Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Snow Day

We had snow today! It was the first "real" snow here in a couple of years. For those of you who may not be from the South, "Real snow" would be anything that sticks to the ground. Schools are called off, stores are empty of bread and milk, and the city crews work to salt and clear the roads.

I am not a big fan of snow. It means lots of dressing and undressing kids to go outside and lots of clothes washing. But the kids love it, and so does Jason! And we had a great day. Jason was off of work and school tonight. I made homemade waffles this morning. After breakfast, the kids went out for round one. I cleaned up, washed clothes, and started chili in the crockpot. Then I sat in a chair by the fire and read my book! It was wonderful. I finished a whole book today! After lunch, Jason's brother came over with our nephew and the cousins played in the snow- round two.

The snow is pretty much gone now, but it was a good day!

Click to play Winter Penguins- snow January 2009
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

3 comments:

The Fussell Family said...

You sound like me. Not a big fan of snow either. My brother called this morning to tell John to pummel me with snowballs if I wouldn't go out with them. LOL

Ginny said...

Love the kids "boots" and the snowmen. We weren't able to get the snow to stick together to get one made. Hopefully this will be our first and last snow. :)

LynnSC said...

Hi Leah... (I have always called you Mrs. Courtney in the past)...
I found you while I was blog hopping. It is so cool to find others in your town...

I haven't seen you seen the children came to Calvary for Awana. Hope all is well for you and your family.

I'll be back to check on you from time to time...
Blessings,
Lynn